Black Cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
More free Black Cherry.........Healthy trunk, but the crown doubled into "Y" and one side had no foliage this summer and was pretty dead.
Broke out the 5100s...... easy BTU'S.

WoodButcher

Attachments

• more_cherry.jpg
    more_cherry.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 389
Your post reminded me that my dad took down a few cherry trees a few years ago and recently got around to hiring a "port-o-mill" guy who turned out some really nice planks. The logs stood up well as it literally was a few years between cut and mill. Cherry's a great wood and there is a bunch around here. Nice haul you have there.

I agree. Cherry is cheery!

Archie said:
Your post reminded me that my dad took down a few cherry trees a few years ago and recently got around to hiring a "port-o-mill" guy who turned out some really nice planks. The logs stood up well as it literally was a few years between cut and mill. Cherry's a great wood and there is a bunch around here. Nice haul you have there.

Any of those guys work for a share of the wood, or must they be paid cash?

Dune said:
Archie said:

Any of those guys work for a share of the wood, or must they be paid cash?

Around here, it's strictly cash. It's a rapidly urbanizling area, and I'm sure they have all the wood they can handle.

I have scored a bunch of Cherry this year. It splits very easy and seems to dry pretty quick too. I have about 2 cords for this year and one for next.

Cherry is great for smokin pork

Looks good! Is that off of your own land?

mikepinto65 said:
Looks good! Is that off of your own land?

Yep, My neighbor is letting me take a few trees on our property line. I have 2 Ash and a Maple left to drop.

WoodButcher

Status
Not open for further replies.