Black exterior wood stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

awfireman

Oct 19, 2007
Plymouth,Ma
Hello,

I am looking for black exterior Class A woodstove pipe for through-the-roof installation on my new addition. I see a lot of shiny stainless-steel on various websites but haven't found any with the black finish. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

-Fireman

Hello,

I am looking for black exterior Class A woodstove pipe for through-the-roof installation on my new addition. I see a lot of shiny stainless-steel on various websites but haven't found any with the black finish. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

-Fireman
Olympia will powder coat ventis chimney pipe. I don't know of any others that do it. Some people have painted it but personally I have never had any luck getting paint to stick well and hold up long term

Pretty sure class A is only stainless or galvanized and black is stovepipe. Might be able to use high temp stove paint on it...?

Reactions: spuldup
Pretty sure class A is only stainless or galvanized and black is stovepipe. Might be able to use high temp stove paint on it...?
Too make high-temp spray stick to the smooth SS, it would need to be lightly sanded with 400 grit SP. I was thinking of this but powder coat would be the way to go.

Too make high-temp spray stick to the smooth SS, it would need to be lightly sanded with 400 grit SP. I was thinking of this but powder coat would be the way to go.
Even with that and self etching paint I haven't had that much luck