Class A Chimney pipe adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

oldfarmall

Aug 17, 2023
Wisconsin
Hello-

Can anyone tell me if a product is made to adapt flexible stainless steel chimney liner to class A chimney pipe? Want to install a flexible liner in my 17" x 17" masonry chimney through the attic, then transition to Class A through the peak of the roof. The 8" x 8" clay liner will be removed first, as it is shot. I see Duravent makes a rigid liner (Duraliner) to class A pipe adapter, but can't find much about flexible liners to Class A pipe? Thanks in advance!

-Jesse

Hello-

Can anyone tell me if a product is made to adapt flexible stainless steel chimney liner to class A chimney pipe? Want to install a flexible liner in my 17" x 17" masonry chimney through the attic, then transition to Class A trough the peak of the roof. The 8" x 8" clay liner will be removed first, as it is shot. I see Duravent makes a rigid liner (Duraliner) to class A pipe adapter, but can't find much about flexible liners to Class A pipe? Thanks in advance!

-Jesse
yep, this is an example of what you're looking for but just from a different company: https://www.rockfordchimneysupply.com/products/rock-vent-transition-plate

Thanks Neverstop for the reply. Do any other manufacturers that you know of make a transition plate that works with DuraFlex stainless flexible 6" liner kit made by Duravent? I have access to Duravent products. I see Rockford chimney has their own brand of class A chimney.

Thanks Neverstop for the reply. Do any other manufacturers that you know of make a transition plate that works with DuraFlex stainless flexible 6" liner kit made by Duravent? I have access to Duravent products. I see Rockford chimney has their own brand of class A chimney.
I had a hard time finding anything else, which is partly why I went with rockford.

Give the DuraVent tech support line a call to see if they have a good solution.