BLACK foil tape?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangecrushcj7

Feeling the Heat
Jun 30, 2008
Barre MA
Does Black Foil tape exist? The metallic colored stuff is easy to find, but I want some black, because my vent pipe is black.

I have concluded that my Simpson duravent pipe sucks, and it leaks at the folded seams. It leaks only a small amount for a few days after I do my monthly vent pipe cleaning until the leaks are plugged with ash. So this is really only an issue for a few days a month. BUT it shouldn't be an issue at all. I have CO detectors with digital readout, so I know the sitution isn't dangerous. The highest reading ever was 10ppm, and that actually happened on a day the gas oven was being used alot, so it was unlikely pellet related. The acrid smoky smell is more of a nuisance that anything, my wife doesn't even notice it. Yes, I had siliconed the joints prior to assembly.

Looks like what I need, however not for $39. I already have the hi temp black paint, from when I painted the pipe originally. I am trying to avoid dismantling the pipe to bring outside to paint, but looks like thats my only option at this point. Hell, my nicely painted vent pipe looks like ass now with all the silicone I have globbed on now.

Orange Crush CJ-7 said:
Looks like what I need, however not for $39. I already have the hi temp black paint, from when I painted the pipe originally. I am trying to avoid dismantling the pipe to bring outside to paint, but looks like thats my only option at this point. Hell, my nicely painted vent pipe looks like ass now with all the silicone I have globbed on now.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger!

Status
Not open for further replies.