i used my newly acquired ms361 to take down this behemoth (by my standards) black (what i believe to be) oak. i've been a little concerned over the past couple of months due to other areas having oak wilt, and large branches randomly dying and breaking off in very short periods of time over the past couple of months. figured i would bring it down on my terms since its landing area was the garden, and it's about to get planted. here's the stump... you can see my little error at the top of the picture. i went to even out the back cut (tree was about 24" at this point) and it started crackling before i expected so i went with it where i was already at. here's a friend of mine helping me out with his ms290. here's a picture of what had me concerned. the branches would die (at least 5 of them, all on the same side) and break off, and the inside was black.