Blaze king Ashford questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xc1974

Dec 28, 2014
just got my new Ashford installed yesterday. So far as I can tell this thing is awesome, makes a ton of heat on not a lot of wood. I do have a few questions though.

First my thermostat control will turn almost a full revolution it has the little indicator strip that gets wider. If you turn it to the narrow end which is at the top, you can turn it right past that ( counter clockwise) another half a revolution. Is this normal? Is it part of the adjustment range?

Second the blower fans. I thought they were supposed to come out on when the stove gets hot and shut off when the stove cools. When I turn them on they run even when stove is cool.

Also they don't seem to be variable speed. I can hear them slow down a little at about a 1/4 of a revolution of the knob, after that I can turn the knob the full rest of the way(3/4 of a turn) and it doesn't sound like they change speed at all. Is this normal or should they be infinitely adjustable.

Thanks in advance for you help.

The thermostat is normal. As you turn up towards full throttle, the wider part of the swoosh, there should be a hard stop right at 6 oclock, with the dial pointing straight down. Turn it back to 530 or 5 oclock or so and the indicator on the dial should be at the end of the widest part of the swoosh. That's your full throttle position. The half turn of wasted space over CCW form the swoosh is normal, but don't try to run the stove that low.

Your fans don't sound right to me, I'll defer to someone who has had this problem. I have to turn mine off and on manually, but fan speed is a smooth progression like a light dimmer. I think someone had this problem already this year and the fix was pretty simple.

I had the same question about my Ashford's thermostat. Also, had another question, does the thermostat knob free soon or should there be resistance on the knob when you turn it?

The thermostat is normal. As you turn up towards full throttle, the wider part of the swoosh, there should be a hard stop right at 6 oclock, with the dial pointing straight down. Turn it back to 530 or 5 oclock or so and the indicator on the dial should be at the end of the widest part of the swoosh. That's your full throttle position. The half turn of wasted space over CCW form the swoosh is normal, but don't try to run the stove that low.

Your fans don't sound right to me, I'll defer to someone who has had this problem. I have to turn mine off and on manually, but fan speed is a smooth progression like a light dimmer. I think someone had this problem already this year and the fix was pretty simple.
I thought read something on here a while back about the fan speed, but can't seem to find it now

I thought read something on here a while back about the fan speed, but can't seem to find it now
I think it was in the BK performance thread, but it was more than a week ago, so the posted answer might as well have gone down with the Titanic.

Hopefully the owner it happened to that fixed it easily will be along directly with advice. Alternatively BKVP Chris is seldom offline more than three days in a row, so probably he will be stopping by in the next day or two.

Does anyone here remember how adjust the blower switch to make the speed variable? Or where the thread was that talked about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.