Blaze king ashford vs sirocco

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

troy-pit

Sep 13, 2015
Everett WA
I like the look of the blaze king ashford and sirocco fireplaces. Can someone explain the main differences between these two fireplaces. I see that they both have similar ratings but different doors, windows and that kind of stuff. What differences between these might convince a person to choose one over the other.

They are the same firebox. The only differences are the looks and that one is all steel (Sirroco) and the other is a steel firebox wrapped in cast iron (Ashford).

There is no functional difference between the two, they are built around the same firebox. Aesthetics are different, that's it. I believe door openings are the same size too.

Just depends on which one looks better to you. If it's a close race, remember the Ashford costs more as well.

The only different one will find while using the stoves is the type of heat output. The Ashford has a cast iron jacket and the Sirrico is just a steel box. Jacketed stoves make a milder heat kind of like the soapstone stoves, but not as bad. They are better suited for well insulated homes in my opinion. If you want to crank it up and get that big heat like your grandpas stove, go with steel.

Reactions: Highbeam
Status
Not open for further replies.