Blaze King Classic Stovetop Height

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renovation

Oct 26, 2010
SW MI near Saugatuck
Hidey Ho!

I'm checking clearances to combustibles in my install design, and one requirement is 49" from stove top to ceiling. I cannot find that specific specification in the brochure, owner's manual etc. I see flue height and stove height of 30.75", but I'm not sure if that's stove top height, since the rails and rear panel stick up what looks like 3".

Could someone with a Blaze King Classic measure the height to the stove top (the top of the firebox)?

Knowing how much the rails and rear panel stick up would be nice too. Don't burn yourself!

Many thanks, and happy burning!

Not sure where you got 30.75 from - Are you looking at a princes now? If so Top of flue is 29.75 inches.

King stove.

Top of flue 34 inches

Top of stove 32 inches

Top of rails 33.5 inches

Top of Blower shroud 34.5 inches.

Thanks LtB,

That's exactly what I needed.

I'm still leaning towards the King, with an eye peeled for Woodstock's upcoming big stove. If they would just put a thermostat on it--a big stove with a cat, soapstone, and a thermostat would make me as happy as a leetle girl.

I got the 30.75" from the Blaze King King/Princess owner's manual, version 1.02 of 8/7/09, which I recently downloaded from their site.

Thanks for setting me straight. Stay toasty!

Status
Not open for further replies.