Blaze King Insert Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4barrel

Feb 15, 2013
Looking at this insert for my stove replacement.
1. Is this a radiant heater or convection, or both.
2. If the electricity goes out and you can't use the blowers, can you still operate the stove.
3. Do you have to use the blowers at all. If I remove the blowers can you still operate the stove.
4. What kind of real burn times are you owners of this insert getting from say 350 degrees and over.

All inserts can generally heat a room without the blowers but to heat more than that you need the fans. My avalon insert can heat the room where it is, with the fan on low it can heat the downstairs of my house, with the fan on high I can heat my whole house.
you don't need the fan to burn in the stove, you need the fan to help distribute the heat.
I can't help with the BK questions since I don't have one.

I use the blowers 90% of the time, I just turn them off when its a warm day. As an example in Oct 2010 we have a big snowstorm and lost power for a week, the only way to heat my house was the BK Princess without the blowers, its kept the downstairs (1100 sf) in the 70's, upstairs (1800 sf)low 60's, this was 30's in the day, 20s at night. So the house was livable even comfortable downstairs, I ended up sleeping downstairs in a tshirt on the couch.
If your house is small enough you can probably get by wiithout the blowers, though not sure why you dont want to use them, I wouldnt remove then in case you need them.
Since Im heating close to 3000 sf I get burn times of 12 hours on the overnight, less during the day when I dont fill the box up and push it a bit more. I can get up to 16 hours or so if its not too cold and Im not pushing it, it all depends on what kind of heat your trying to get out of the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.