Blaze King Insert Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gijoe985

Nov 13, 2014
Grandview, WA
Well, I'm posting again, but now it is about my stove in my basement! It is a Blaze King and I had found a manual of what looks t be a similar model earlier. I just did an image search and found an old forum post from here about one that looks about the same. I'll post some pictures.

This far it is nice and large, but I can't get it to work yet. I'm using the same wood as I do upstairs, but if I shut the door it seems to immediately kill the fire. I've got two things I figure I'll have to look into, but I wanted to get your guys' thoughts as well. 1) It says in the manual that I found that it is an automatic flue. I can't find a control for it, so I assume that is what it is. One problem is that I cannot even see the flap. I was almost worried that it was removed, but that'd be the opposite problem, the fire would burn burn faster, no go out. 2) I can see where the knob is for the air inlet, but I can't tell where it goes into the fireplace. I think it could be clogged. I blew into it the vent and a LOT of ash came out.

Anyway, any input on this baby would be good as well. And let me know if it looks like my flue is missing from the one picture I got inside.

Fan Control

Air inlet control

Looking up inside. You can see a small hole on the left side where I thought a flue flap might pivot from. Maybe not.

Well, aside from pulling my stove out to look on the back, I cannot figure out the exact model. The KFF-403 looks close, but it shows the vent control on the side, not the front.

Ok, I did have a clogged air inlet. I cleaned that out and she seems to run fine now, but I'm still curious about the damper/flue (are those words interchangeable?). I think it was removed from this stove. I can see two holes where I assume one would mount, but nothing is there.

Thoughts?

Well, damper or no damper, this stove works WAAAY better than my other stove upstairs. I think I may swap the two... But that sounds like a lot of fun heavy lifting...

So, though I think I can see where a damper would go, I don't see any place for controls to control the damper. Ideas? It seems to work well...

Status
Not open for further replies.