Blaze King-King Single Load Pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiram Maxim

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2007
SE Michigan
I packed the firebox full!

Cart is to show a representation of how much wood this sucker actually holds in one load.

The cart is 18" wide and 40" tall

I'm amazed..... :bug:

30tt3x3.gif

28bxt.gif

So how many pounds, and how long a burn time? Really hoping you haven't lit it up yet, as I see no flue pipe, or is that one of those new ventless Blaze Kings?

daleeper said:
So how many pounds, and how long a burn time? Really hoping you haven't lit it up yet, as I see no flue pipe, or is that one of those new ventless Blaze Kings?

Its a new invisible type :p

I'm actually researching pipe right now.

Still have a solid month before I'll need it.

No Idea on the weight....

Thanks for the pic's Hiram. That is the exact type of motivation I need to keep splitting, and get my hearth done. I hope I don't need mine for a month, but I doubt it.

daleeper said:
So how many pounds, and how long a burn time?

My record is 105 pounds of locust and 48 hours to a point that I still raked what was left front center, filled her up again and she lit right off. However, if I need that little heat I use crap wood and uglies and do 24 hour burns to save the good stuff for when its cold and blowing.

Hiram, how does your fill compare to the 30?

SolarAndWood, thanks for the info.

I am nervous about moving from my old earth stove to this not as old bk royal heir having too small a firebox. On paper I should be ok, especially when I see reports like yours, I guess by Christmas I will know if indeed it will hold enough wood for good overnight burns with enough heat to keep this house warm. I will be totally satisfied with good heat and 10-12 hour burns like my earth stove did.

It depends on how much heat you need, the stove will have no problem with 12 hour burns even with softwood.

OK. Ya have a nice wood cart, bagged two myself for $19.99 each at Lowe's closeout last spring, and two nice wood holders. Time to invest in a bottle of glass cleaner and a roll of paper towels. ;-)

That's awesome! It will be nice loading that thing once a day, setting and forgetting. That's what a true 4 cu ft fire box looks like unlike the Equinox.

SolarAndWood said:
daleeper said:
So how many pounds, and how long a burn time?

My record is 105 pounds of locust and 48 hours to a point that I still raked what was left front center, filled her up again and she lit right off. However, if I need that little heat I use crap wood and uglies and do 24 hour burns to save the good stuff for when its cold and blowing.

Hiram, how does your fill compare to the 30?

gotta love the uglies. i think i have close to a cord of em this year. can do a good burn off on them then crank her down good and ill still get 12 hour burns when it aint to cold out.

ecocavalier02 said:
gotta love the uglies. i think i have close to a cord of em this year. can do a good burn off on them then crank her down good and ill still get 12 hour burns when it aint to cold out.

That is the beautiful thing about a big firebox. I end up with probably 1/3 of what I process as uglies or shorties. That big square firebox makes good use of them.

BrotherBart said:
OK. Ya have a nice wood cart, bagged two myself for $19.99 each at Lowe's closeout last spring, and two nice wood holders. Time to invest in a bottle of glass cleaner and a roll of paper towels. ;-)

BB,
These wood carts are great! :)

I almost grabbed another one last spring....might have to this coming Spring.

Kinda have a feeling that the glass cleaner won't be needed after the stove gets up to operating temp? :roll:

The glass is dirty from my 3 outdoor paint break in fires.......

Beetle-Kill said:
Thanks for the pic's Hiram. That is the exact type of motivation I need to keep splitting, and get my hearth done. I hope I don't need mine for a month, but I doubt it.

Sure thing....
Did you get yours painted like you wanted to?

Hiram Maxim said:
The glass is dirty from my 3 outdoor paint break in fires.......

I know. :lol: There just needed to be a post that wasn't drooling on your Blaze King. Causes rust.

Get that bad boy installed and enjoy.

Hiram, I knew your glass was the result of break in fires. Since I gacked from painting the side shields, I haven't touched the rest of the stove. I still have to decide whether to paint the top and ash lip, or paint the front TO the ash lip, and leave the rest black. Any thoughts on color scheme may help me decide.(I've been busy, split and stacked 10.2 cord this week- plus I got called in from vacation for 2 days, don't ask). >:-(

Does that stove have burn tubes up top on the inside?

tickbitty said:
No, it will have this...

Attachments

• #1 setting.jpg
    #1 setting.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 798
  • catsshtsheild.jpg
    catsshtsheild.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 763
Wow maybe time to move the summit to the basement! And get a blaze king!

north of 60 said:
tickbitty said:
No, it will have this...
Interesting. I can't fill my firebox fully due to the tubes. Can get it close and all, but obviously they take up an inch or two up top there. I know the blaze king has a huge firebox anyway, but it looks like you are able to use much of it! Do you get the beautiful secondary burn show going in them too?

tickbitty said:
north of 60 said:
tickbitty said:
No, it will have this...
Interesting. I can't fill my firebox fully due to the tubes. Can get it close and all, but obviously they take up an inch or two up top there. I know the blaze king has a huge firebox anyway, but it looks like you are able to use much of it! Do you get the beautiful secondary burn show going in them too?

Not as nice as a non Cat thats for sure, but a controlled burn for a low turn down is what I was after.

I hope it was OK to jump in Hiram.

Attachments

• BK Cat secondaries.jpg
    BK Cat secondaries.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 537
Status
Not open for further replies.