Blaze King Princess Insert CAT ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the bk door seal design was better than my lennox flat seal method.

I thought the bk door seal design was better than my lennox flat seal method.

With a flat seal, you don't have to worry about the alignment with the knife edge to the gasket. Imagine if that alignment was off by 1/4" and the round rope gasket could squirt out. With a flat seal, the only thing you need to worry about is compression.

I donk have a BK but i did the dollar bill test last night. I can pull it out in about half the places i put it, but it was pretty hard to pull it out, with lots of friction. There was one spot that was a bit more loose but still not very loose, i am going to see if i can get a bit more turn on the door handle nut and not lock it in place and see if that helps tighten it.

With a flat seal, you don't have to worry about the alignment with the knife edge to the gasket. Imagine if that alignment was off by 1/4" and the round rope gasket could squirt out. With a flat seal, the only thing you need to worry about is compression.
Isn't alignment fixed after production? Not at home to look at the stove. I know I had problems with my lennox sealing.

Down the list are burning improper items, too much paper, cardboard, green wood etc. ... A small amount of paper is fine. This problematic issues center on folks that use their stoves as incinerators ..

I always wondered how paranoid to be about this. Right now I'm wondering if it's ok to add some lumber scraps (non-treated of course) to my kindling pile, because of the printing on the face of the lumber. I'm thinking that's TOO paranoid.

I always wondered how paranoid to be about this. Right now I'm wondering if it's ok to add some lumber scraps (non-treated of course) to my kindling pile, because of the printing on the face of the lumber. I'm thinking that's TOO paranoid.

I burned lumber after asking a similar question but was sure to remove the staples and stickers from the bottom of each piece.

I burned lumber after asking a similar question but was sure to remove the staples and stickers from the bottom of each piece.
I'd be more concerned about the printing on the face of the board than about those.

Status
Not open for further replies.