Blaze King Princess Video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Guys. The dealer sent the installers out to check on the stove. They went over everything - the stove is exactly what it should be. Damper closes as it should and that was a concern of mine. They looked at the wood and thought is wasn't as good as it could be….not too wet…too small! I hand split a bunch of wood because I wanted it to dry out. I don't know. I added 1 bio brick to the stove wand it didn't do much. I guess i will try 2 bricks. They noticed a draft in the stove room, and this might have an effect. I would write more, but I'm off to find a draft.

So what did you find out?

1. Install a block off plate
2. Run the fans to match the t-stat setting, most inserts don't heat without the fans. If you're expecting heat without the fans you need a free standing stove with a radiant design.
3. Install a ceiling fan in the stove room to keep the heat off the ceiling. Or employ some other method of moving the heat.

What are the stove temps? When my stove was new I had trouble keeping the cat from being pegged out until the cat settled in. I'd expect to see the cat hotter with that much active flame in the box.

I also thought the cat should have been hotter.
As I understand, this isn't your first thread but I haven't read the other one. Sorry if I missed it, do you have a full SS liner? And is it blocked with insulation at the top? If you it isn't and you have no block off plate, then there will be major heat lose up the flue.

Do you have really tall ceilings? I couldn't tell from the video. That would be another guess (that it is heating your vaulted ceilings really well, but not your family room).

Ok, Welcome to Fall 2014! I hope you guys are right and it's the wood. I purchased 4 cords of wood last year for this year. So, I am looking forward to burning seasoned wood and getting better results. Just had the flue cleaned and stove serviced. Flue full of creosote, sounds like wet wood issues. Stove and converter in good shape. Will post when it gets cold.

Winter 2014. I think it is very important to follow up to this post I made last year. Many good suggestions were made and I can report back that I identified and fixed the issues. The stove works well, the wood is dry, house is now warm. The problem was a cool draft that prevented the house from warming up. I spent the last few weekends sealing up the rim joists with foam, covering the attic fan louvers with insulation, and insulating the attic hatch with an Owing Corning attic stairs tent. These improvements have made the temperature pretty consistent around the house and it is overall warmer. Sometimes the answer is literally right in front of you.

Yup those drafts are no good lol... I just installed my stove and im loving it. Gonna tackle some insualtions issues in the house after the holidays. Dont be afraid to turn that girl up either.

Status
Not open for further replies.