Blaze Princess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocjeep01

Jan 15, 2013
Hello everyone, I need a little help with my Blaze King Princess PEJ-1002 at least that is what I think the model # is. I bought a house a few months ago and it came with this unit, I know nothing about wood stoves so bare with me as I have a few questions.

First the cat Is not in the unit or i have an extra one? I have been searching on here and going through the manuals on BK website, and can't really figure out where it goes or how to change one out? Also if i'm going to go through and check the cat is there anything else i should check or replace while i'm in there since I don't know the history of the unit? It does seem to be well cared for or just not used that often.

Second as soon as I plug it in the blower kicks on, is this normal? I thought It might just kick on and off to regulate temp.

Third It sounds like most people load their stoves full and let them run for long periods at a time, can I still use this stove for heat after work? For example come home from work around 6 and just have it run for a few hours before bed?

The wife and I are excited to try this this thing out after doing some research on it. It sounds like a great stove that could really be useful as the high temp around here has only been in the 20's for the last couple weeks. (Utah)

Thanks in advance!

The combustor will be above the firebox. You should be able to see it by looking up just inside the door a few inches. It is possible there is a flame shield in front of it, but the manual doesn't say anything about one. You will need a new gasket to go around that cat when you put it in. Usually there is a metal "can" that is around the combustor with flanges that can be used to pry out the old combustor gently. There are instructions in the manual about cleaning the cat. Also check the bypass door to see that it is closing properly.

Call Blaze King, they have excellent support for their older stoves.

Good luck, that should be a good serviceable stove for you. You can just burn a small fire in it, but once you get used to running it, it is just as easy to start a full load, why not let it burn a full load? Unless it is way oversized for your area, you should be able to turn it down and let it run all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.