BlazeKing Cat @ idle with secondaries.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

North of 60

Minister of Fire
Jul 27, 2007
Yukon Canada
Not a light show but shows the machine on low setting @ (1.5) #3 is High and lets people know the TV screen isnt all blank. ;-)
10 year old fire killed poplar cut 2 years ago is whats loaded. Just playin with the camera. Warmed up to -36C. Thank God!!!
No 2 pic is low #1 setting with cat aglow.

Attachments

• BK Cat secondaries.jpg
    BK Cat secondaries.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 445
  • #1 setting.jpg
    #1 setting.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 427
Ya the wind makes it tuff if your outside. House is sealed pretty good. Windows frosted up pretty good. Was -52 two mornings in a row.
Im 1/2 hr outa the city away from the airport down in the valley beside the Yukon river. Ice on the river is now 3' thick. I have set lines there for Burbot. (fresh water lingcod)
A walk from the house.

That's a great pic. I had a VC Defiant Cat and it was a great stove. Being from temperate Pennsylvania I'm having trouble imagining -52 in the morning, coldest I've ever seen around here is maybe - 5 or so and that is rare. It's 25 outside right now, think I'll go swimmin' :)

Holy crap that's cold! Good thing you have that big Blaze King to keep you warm. The coldest I've seen was -44F when I lived in Duluth, MN. I remmember the wind chill was -96! I got to get a new camera and take some pics of my firebox light show. Some cats do have nice fires.

There aren't many photos of glowing cats, this is the first I've seen. I had a blaze king dealer actually tell me that there might as well not even be a window on the stoves since there's nothing to watch. Just a red glow. Well even a red glw has some value and the first pick shows real flames. Could be that the dealer wanted to move some non-cats.

Lucky! I wish I had burbot sets that close to my house!

I bet you pull some big ones out of there.

Yum, a mess of fresh burbot.

th_IMG_0853.jpg

Oh yeah, nice looking fire! :coolsmile:

Highbeam said:
There aren't many photos of glowing cats, this is the first I've seen. I had a blaze king dealer actually tell me that there might as well not even be a window on the stoves since there's nothing to watch. Just a red glow. Well even a red glw has some value and the first pick shows real flames. Could be that the dealer wanted to move some non-cats.
My Avitar is with setting on #3 (High)
#2 is a bit more subdude.

What would your stovetop temps be with the thermostat set at high?.... and it's lowest settting?

Gunner said:
What would your stovetop temps be with the thermostat set at high?.... and it's lowest settting?
1st pic is on high after a reload.
2nd is on low 1.5hrs after turn down when cat stops glowing. In 3hrs she will settle down to 350-400f for the remainder of the burn.
Yes 12-15 hrs later. :wow:

Attachments

• High burn before shut down.jpg
    High burn before shut down.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 310
  • low burn cat not glowing.jpg
    low burn cat not glowing.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 295
Thanks
Good to have some real world info... I would really like to play around with one of these stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.