Blazeking Princess Insert Hearth Improvement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky8443

Burning Hunk
Apr 22, 2014
Glenside, PA
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Decided to remove the inner white mantle wood trim and beef up the mantle with bricks. This also allowed me to move the stove 4" farther from the wall toward the center of the room.Before and after attached. I just ordered type 2 hearth mat for front of stove. First time working with bricks and mortar, def not easy. im hoping 3 cords mixed hardwood will be enough for this 1,800 sf house.

bk insert owners: how often do you take out the ashes during prime burning season?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bmore and jeff_t
View attachment 136520 View attachment 136521 View attachment 136522
Decided to remove the inner white mantle wood trim and beef up the mantle with bricks. This also allowed me to move the stove 4" farther from the wall toward the center of the room.Before and after attached. I just ordered type 2 hearth mat for front of stove. First time working with bricks and mortar, def not easy. im hoping 3 cords mixed hardwood will be enough for this 1,800 sf house.

bk insert owners: how often do you take out the ashes during prime burning season?
Very nice! Small iron work scroll from left to right on the white part just above the stove would pull the black up. Beautiful just the same.

Thats an excellent idea. I don't have a good eye for things like that, greatly appreciated. Will do. Thank you

Nice looking install, but what's your plan for the hearth clearing requirements? Blaze King manual says 16" in the US...

thank you. I believe your referencing the 16" clearance from the front of stove? If not let me know asap, but as I mentioned I have a type 2 clearance hearth mat ordered (32" by 44" or so). I ordered from Woodland Direct and it should actually be overkill on floor protection.

Wow, I somehow skipped a entire sentence when I read your post. Doh!

no worries. I definately want peace of mind while burning, good to know you are looking out.

Looks really nice Ricky, 3 cords might get you through but you should try and load up now. I remember my first 2-3 years always wishing I had more seasoned wood. That stove should heat your 1800 sf nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.