1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Blower motor burnt up on my Craft Stove-HELP

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by Capp, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Capp

Capp New Member

Loc:
    Louisa, Kentucky
    I used this in my fireplace as an insert from 1979 - 1995, when I bought a heat pump. I now have it in my garage as a free standing stove. My question is this, my blower motor and switch have kicked the bucket, it was working last year but this year it wouldn't come on. I took it apart and found a wire burnt off going inside to the motor windings. I spliced a new wire and hoped it would fix the problem, but when I turned it on I got "nothing." I can't complain it's lasted along time. Does anyone have a good used one for sale, or somewhere I can buy one? I need the switch to.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Capp

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
  3. 930dreamer

930dreamer Member

Loc:
    Amarillo, TX
    Post a pic of the blower that needs replacing.
  4. Bone1099

Bone1099 Member

Loc:
    Northwest GA
    If its just a shop heater you may find a nice blower in an old dead appliance somewhere for free
    I have one I removed from an over stove microwave nice dual swirl cage fan two speed salvaged from a dead microwave for free. It's been blowing the big fish for three years now.
  5. Capp

Capp New Member

Loc:
    Louisa, Kentucky
    I see my blower motor at ServiceSales web site for 137.00, I was hoping someone may have a cheaper fix.
    It's on the ServiceSales web site dreamer, let me know if you know of a cheaper fix, like I said it's in my shop not the home. I checked out all the dayton squirrel cages, but didn't find any varilble speed motors. $137.00 for the motor and $28.00 for the switch is a lot to pay this time of the year. I was hoping someone on this forum had, had the same problem and fixed it as good, but cheaper. If all else fails I'll order one from Service Sales, but it will have to wait until next year.
    Thanks
    Capp
    I've thought of that, and am trying to find something similar, thanks for the idea.
    Capp