Blower speed and heat output

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bugize

Aug 26, 2006
Skowhegan,Maine
Ok,Still getting used to this Accentra insert.
Has anyone noticed a difference in heat output vs blower speed?
I thought that if the blower was turned up higher it would blow more heat through the house.
But one day i had the blower on a lower output setting and it seemed warmer in the house!
Was wondering if the increase in blower speed would cool down the stove more so the air that did come out wasnt as hot????
I am running it in stove mode ( manual) so as to get a more constant heat output!
Has any of you seasoned users noticed this or have any thoughts on this?

Actualy, the slower the air flow, the more time it has to get hotter.

Hoverfly said:
Actualy, the slower the air flow, the more time it has to get hotter.

But the lower the CFM carrying that hot air. Use the 'search' to find a LOT of discussions about this topic.

I am a believer of more CFM to turns the house air over fast. The convection temp will be a bit lower, But moving the air around faster will take less time to spread the heat around. Try the higher speed and see if you notice a difference. If you don't feel warmer itsd easy to turn the fan back down. Nothing tried is nothing gained I say! ;-)

I tried the distribution blower's full speed yesterday (snowy weather), with my “standard†settings : I lost 1°F downstairs and gained 1° upstairs.

I don't know if the stove had burn more pellets (don't seems to)...

Au revoir.

I feel like I get more heat out of my stove with the blower on about 2/3. I run my stove in stove mode as well. I align the pointer with the V in the word Stove underneath to L to H scale. It seems to put out more heat at that setting than on max.

subsailor said:
I feel like I get more heat out of my stove with the blower on about 2/3. I run my stove in stove mode as well. I align the pointer with the V in the word Stove underneath to L to H scale. It seems to put out more heat at that setting than on max.

When it comes to exchanging hot around here, there is all ways a sweet spot.

On my Mini I only have what is programed for each out put setting. So I am stuck with what the engineer thought what it sould be.

It's nice to have a variable speed blower vs. set levels.

I usually always leave mine on high. my goal is to move the most btu's away from the heat exchanger into the house as efficient as possible.

I noticed that room the stove is in tends to feel cooler with the blower on high.

I think it causes more cold air to be pulled back towards the stove or perhaps less radiant heat to be emitted?

Never taken actual measurements and it's often a good not to trust "feel". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.