Blower switch help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CountryBoy19

Minister of Fire
Jul 29, 2010
Southern IN
I'm pretty sure they make what I'm looking for, but I can't find them.

We've all seen the thermal sensing switches that you put on the firebox to turn the blower on when the stove/furnace gets heated up and off when it cools down. I thought they made adjustable ones but I can't find any. Any help finding one?

If possible I would like one with just flat spade (or similar) connections because this won't be hooked directly to the blower (I don't want the outlet style connection); it's going to be hooked into a relay.

Google "adjustable snap disc fan control switch"

kgrant said:
Google "adjustable snap disc fan control switch"

Ah ha, I knew there was a trick. "snap disc" were the key words I was missing, thanks for the help!

Furnace shops. boiler shops. HVAC shops.
Talk to a tech & explain what you ned it to do.

You'll need the amps that the blower uses to size it. (amp rating on motor) (amp rating to a relay, probably any would work).
Temperature range you are looking to control.
Type of Mount
Adjustable ones would be called thermostats.
I've use bulb & bellows type in dry wells next to boiler fire boxes. (commercial/industrial type)
May be hard to find a variable one with the operating temperature range you need without getting into the industrial type.

bogydave said:

You'll need the amps that the blower uses to size it. (amp rating on motor) (amp rating to a relay, probably any would work).
Type of Mount
I've use bulb & bellows type in dry wells next to boiler fire boxes. (commercial/industrial type)
May be hard to find a variable one with the operating temperature range you need without getting into the industrial type.

I'll be using it as an input to a PLC control so amperage will be in the milliamps range.

I've already found adjustable snap-disc switches in the 90-130 range and the 140-180 range. Now I'm just not sure which range I need.

I'm going to look for some locally when I'm in town today.

CountryBoy19 said:
bogydave said:

Type of Mount

I'll be using it as an input to a PLC control so amperage will be in the milliamps range.

I've already found adjustable snap-disc switches in the 90-130 range and the 140-180 range. Now I'm just not sure which range I need.

I'm going to look for some locally when I'm in town today.

Cool
What's the "over temp" range? I mean if you stove gets to 400°, you don't want it to damage the Sw.

I forgot the term (max over temp) or something like that. May be a mute point for your use but we
were operating/maintaining large industrial boilers with several controls & safeties.
Too many years ago I guess to need to remember. (sign of something??) :) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.