blown over

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolidge

Dec 16, 2008
Maine
Was coming home from looking at a job today and was amazed at the amount of damage the wind has done in the past couple weeks. Saw an area i bet one quarter mile long that was leveled, i bet 6 to 7 acres on both sides of the road just gone. Looked like mostly red oak. I,m glad my window was up, i might have driven over my tongue.

Go get it while it is free! There must be plenty of people in your area with down trees that they will want moved. Probably lots of tree services working to clear damaged trees, homeowners who don't burn wood cutting downed limbs, and lots of other scrounger friendly stuff happening now, or after the snow melts.

Wood Duck said:
Go get it while it is free! There must be plenty of people in your area with down trees that they will want moved. Probably lots of tree services working to clear damaged trees, homeowners who don't burn wood cutting downed limbs, and lots of other scrounger friendly stuff happening now, or after the snow melts.
++++++++++1 - I'd be on that like pooh on honey. Cheers!

I must be the lazy guy. I cut and split one huge tree in my life by hand and vowed to never do that again! I'm pretty lucky I get along good with my neighbor who does tree work. He gives me a cord+ for around $175 delivered. I don't even think about buying a splitter and more chainsaws or care to think of the mess on my lawn from all the cutting and work. I do wish I had the energy though, it was a good workout when I had to but just thinking about again and I lose my breath.

coolidge said:
I know free is free but i got more wood than i'll ever burn in my lifetime.

Grab it and sell it! Plus it's fun!

Massmudman said:
I must be the lazy guy. I cut and split one huge tree in my life by hand and vowed to never do that again! I'm pretty lucky I get along good with my neighbor who does tree work. He gives me a cord+ for around $175 delivered. I don't even think about buying a splitter and more chainsaws or care to think of the mess on my lawn from all the cutting and work. I do wish I had the energy though, it was a good workout when I had to but just thinking about again and I lose my breath.

I guess either you enjoy it or you don't. i enjoy the cutting, enjoy finding free wood to cut, and like saving money. There aren't many things of much monetary value that I can find for free, and firewood is one.

I guess since I sold my truck a few years ago, I have been picking up less and less stuff. Now it seems like I get everything delivered; mulch, wood... I do have access to a couple of dump trailers but driving around with them would be a real pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.