blue smoke outside the chimney for few seconds, clean P43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andes

Nov 26, 2014
New Hampshire
After cleaning and vacuuming my Harman P43 , fresh start, i see blue smoke exhausting outside the chimney for a few seconds and then stops.
My P 43 is connected to an old brick chimney.I did clean the chimney also, just a month a go..
Not sure how the blue smoke takes place. My stove is completely clean no ashes, the burnt pot is scraped and no dust or ashes left inside, only clean pellets entering or starting up.
I am burning hardwood pellets from Maine, looking to get a ton of Softwoods soon.
appreciateif any body can help to solve this mystery.

Both my units do this. The burn pot fills with pellets & the igniter starts heating up.
I will see a few glowing flyash embers coming out of the pot & before the pellets burst into flame,
the firebox fills with smoke. Once the burn pot ignites, the smoke is evacuated.
I end up with a yard full of blue smoke & then it clears almost immediately...

Daksy , appreciate your comment. The same here, I see a glow of blue smoke outside the yard and then clears up.
I have seen this only when I clean the stove.Maybe happens also on start up with the pot full of ashes , i have to check on that to.
I am thinking that some fines are left, and the new start up and the igniter.
I vacuum inside of the igniter, some time I blow quick air (seconds) with my vacum hose attachment tube to lose all the fines inside the igniter box.
thank you ..

After cleaning and vacuuming my Harman P43 , fresh start, i see blue smoke exhausting outside the chimney for a few seconds and then stops.
My P 43 is connected to an old brick chimney.I did clean the chimney also, just a month a go..
Not sure how the blue smoke takes place. My stove is completely clean no ashes, the burnt pot is scraped and no dust or ashes left inside, only clean pellets entering or starting up.
I am burning hardwood pellets from Maine, looking to get a ton of Softwoods soon.
appreciateif any body can help to solve this mystery.
I get some smoke on start up from the P61 but honestly I never looked beyond the stack itself to see if it collected. Probably not, it's almost always windy here. I could see that turning blue though as it expands out into a yard.

Quite common on start up.

White, blue, grey can all be proper and dependent on fuels and ignition temps. Lifetime of energetic materials use and study. Dam Tanaka using fertilizer to pop those air bags because its cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.