1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

boiler/forced hot air question

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by skeckler84, Jan 9, 2014.

1. skeckler84

skeckler84 New Member

Loc:
    PA
    I live in an old farm house which has been added on to multiple times. It is currently set up with a baseboard hotwater system, and I am looking for a wood/ coal furnace. I really only have experience with forced hot air, but because this house is so spread out, and the baseboard system is already installed, I want to stick with hot water. In looking for furnaces I keep seeing numerous forced hot air systems that have an optional domestic hot water coil. I am wondering if there are any boiler systems with the option of running a small forced hot air duct while idling. Since my home is 2600 with 3 zones, it would be nice if I could run a small forced hot air vent close to the furnace and avoid making an additional zone. Does such a system exist? Thanks for any help!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MT12157

MT12157 New Member

Loc:
    Schoharie NY
    I have never seen a system that has that. You could always pipe in a unit heater (hanging radiator with a fan) ?
  3. mwk1000

mwk1000 Member

Loc:
    Southern MI
    I have seen air handlers but they seemed pretty pricey to me, A friend uses an old truck radiator with original fan to heat his shop and that works well.