Boiler questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarv

Hearth Supporter
Oct 29, 2008
MN
My son just moved in thier 1964 built house with baseboard heat and a blue boiler made in Germany i have questions.
1.What pressure will the system need to run at.
2.The temp is around 180 deg ok?
3. When dose water need to be added(has a manual valve)
4. System has one pump with two loops each loop has part of first floor and part of basement with manual valves(no zon control) seems to work
5. Has a motor damper opens when boiler fires,closed when idel

I tested the system yesterday found that one manual zone valve closed after that that all seems to be working.
The kids have lots of work to do because the house was a repo and needs work but i think the heating system is operational.
Any sugestions would be great, we are in Minnesota so the real test is on the way.

Thanks

Thanks
Jmarv
Home built corn boiler

Hope everything works out OK for your son.

What is a "blue boiler made in Germany"?

i think it's a Buderus?

jmarv

Although your thinking may be right, better to really know whether it is or is not, and what model; once you ID what it is, try the website for the company to obtain manual, specs, maintenance info, ietc.

You should add an automatic fill with a backflow preventer.

Pictures, copies of information on Data plates, diagrams, etc. are all useful. Sitting out here in cyberspace it is hard to tell what you are describing from just words, pictures help a lot...

It might not be a bad idea to have an oil heat guy come in and give everything in the system a onceover, and make sure it's in good repair - while he's at it, have him give you a primer on "Boiler 101 - Care and Feeding of" That will help a lot in giving you a better idea of what sort of questions to ask, and the info we need to help you better.

Gooserider

I wont get to the sons house till the weekend , the fill valve dose have a check valve, the boiler is a NG.

I have found the web site for Buderus and as soon as i cah get my son to get me the model # i can get the manual.

The guy the had the house was a Handy man so we have a list of repairs for the morgage company so now that i have the two zones working, we need to get the house closed up and need to clean up some electrical.

He dose have a HVAC guy that will look at the system, i just like to know how the system works so when he calls me for advise i can be of help.

thanks all
jmarv

Status
Not open for further replies.