Boiler return thermostatic valve

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steaming Pile

Nov 13, 2008
Northern PA
I currently have a "shunt pump" for return protection and it works just fine but I'm looking to reduce power consumption on the boiler and every little bit helps. I've looked around online and did a few searches here but I'd still like to know what brand/model of protection valve people are using and if they've had any issues??? Should I add anything else along with the protection valve?

I have the ThermoMix valve as well. It's not in service yet since I'm still doing my install but it looks like a very well built piece.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to make a couple changes to my primary loop and I'll most likely go with the Caleffi.

Status
Not open for further replies.