Bolt Missing from VC Encore 2550 Back - Of concern?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyhop

Jul 14, 2013
Newton, NC
Working on stove today. Just noticed that one of the two bolts going through the "back" is missing. Seems to be an 11mm bolt head and accompanying washer. This bolt can only be seen from the backside of the stove; I'm guessing from it's position (toward the topside of the back) that it's holding the back on? Kinda thinking this stove shouldn't be used until I can replace it?

It actually holds the upper fireback and damper assy. in place. My guess is the bolt snapped off in the upper fireback casting, and will have to be drilled and tapped, but maybe not. It definitely should have a bolt in there though, so yeah. 1/4-20X 1 1/2".

It actually holds the upper fireback and damper assy. in place. My guess is the bolt snapped off in the upper fireback casting, and will have to be drilled and tapped, but maybe not. It definitely should have a bolt in there though, so yeah. 1/4-20X 1 1/2".
Isn't it a bolt with a nut?

Status
Not open for further replies.