1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Bosca 500 spirit Blues

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by TStorm71, Nov 20, 2012.

1. TStorm71

TStorm71 New Member

I have a three year old Bosca 500 Spirit. I have already replaced the Convection Blower about a month ago, and now I have to replace the Control Board. While I have received fine advice from the folks at US Stove, ( Dusty ) . The amount of money I have had to shell out seems a bit much for this product. $700 plus so far. Did i get a Lemon? should I be looking at another Stove? The Stove works great when its running, but this is not it's year so far. Also , Does anyone know other places to buy parts for this Stove? US Stove is Great as I said, but I am not sure if I am getting the best price, or just their price. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Snowmobileaddict

Snowmobileaddict New Member

Loc:
    Cedarburg, WI
  3. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    First welcome to the forum TStorm71.

About that convection blower, if it has lube ports on it, it needed to be lubed every 6 months. Check the one you have now so you can keep it maintained properly. The makers plate on the motor should tell you what oil to use.

Do you have the stove on a decent surge suppressor? They really need to be on one.

I've found that finding a cross referenced blower is a lot cheaper than what you'll get from the stove's support channel.