Bosca Spirit 500 Shuts Off Unexpectedly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

adambulldog

Nov 9, 2017
wisconsin
I have a Bosca Spirit 500. Sometimes the fan just shuts off and the auger stops delivering pellets. Some questions:

1. I have bypassed the low limit switch, and that does not solve the problem.

2. I was thinking it might be an issue with the high limit switch, but I can't even find that switch in the stove. Where would that switch be located? Is it possible that it was assembled without the high limit switch?

3. Is there some other issue that could be causing the problem? I have cleaned the unit thoroughly.

4. The unit is 11 years old and nobody knows how to service it anymore. How long should I be able to continue using the stove before replacing it?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

It is a basic stove and most parts are still available. Any competent stove tech can repair it. If you mean the combustion blower is stopping,might be as simple as a new motor,is dying when it gets hot.Or it just might need cleaned and lubed.