Bought a Jotul Rangeley

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

PDawg

Hearth Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
Central NH
I currently have a Harman XXV in my dining room and a 15 year old free standing propane stove in our kitchen. With the cost of propane approaching 3.50 a gallon it was time to move in a different direction. We compared the Rangeley, Castine and the Harman Oakwood. My wife really likes the top loading option so that eliminated the Castine. Read too many negative reviews about the Oakwood so we decided on the Rangeley. We have a dedicated chimney just for the stove in the kithcven so the setup should be simple. Almost makes me wish fall was coming instead of summer (lol).

Congratulations. That should be a nice improvement. Is the flue in the kitchen stainless or tile lined?

It's a brick chimney with a stainless steel liner. It runs up through the center of the house. When they installed the propane stove they installed a second liner inside the stainless steel liner. You've got a nice stove, my first choice was the Alderlea T4 but my wife did not like it.

OK. I'm not bashful. What did it cost ya?

Not bad, just priced 1 here at $2000, $2100 with the cast sides. Taxes add another $100. I couldn't believe the price on such a stove.Hard to beat the small clearnces allowed on these stoves also.

Very nice stove, should serve you well. Post some pics when you get it installed. :)

BrotherBart said:
OK. I'm not bashful. What did it cost ya?

I'm also not shy- where did you buy it?

I think you got a pretty good stove. It's hard to beat those Jotul stoves - well unless you are considering a Woodstock...... ;)

Get your wood cut and enjoy the heat and view!

Bill

I bought it at Abundant life in Chichester. I'm hoping to have it installed late May early June. Once installed I will really start looking forward to fall to fire it up and see how it performs. I had a Vermont Castings (catalitic) wood stove in the early ninetees. I'm amazed at how much wood stoves have changed. I'm really looking forward to getting back into wood.

Congrats, another Jotul owner joins the club

Status
Not open for further replies.