Bought Me another saw!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amateur cutter

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 20, 2010
West Michigan
Hurt my knee, can't c/s/s anything just yet, soooooooooo, craigslist here I come. Ad reads, Stihl 036 with 28" bar. Used to cut up one tree, then stored. Pic looks good, so I meet the guy about 40 min away, & come home with this for $ 175.00. BTW, that's one of my 20" bars on there, I'll throw the 28" on the 064
when I need it. Yes he threw the grinder in too.

I threw in a couple pics of the old hauler just for fun too. A C

100_0537 (WinCE).jpg100_0536.jpg100_0539 (WinCE).jpg100_0538 (WinCE).jpg100_0543 (WinCE).jpg100_0544 (WinCE).jpg View attachment 73039

Holy smokes! I'd gladly have driven that far for that one! You have a winner for sure. I'll still bet he cut more than one tree but no matter, it is a deal.

Holy smokes! I'd gladly have driven that far for that one! You have a winner for sure. I'll still bet he cut more than one tree but no matter, it is a deal.

Previous owner used it more than that I'm sure, but it was clean & had 145psi compression. Saw looks & runs real well, can't go wrong for that money. A C

It looks lightly used, or well cared for. Plus the grinder. Nice.

Nice deal AC, how fast did you drive? ==c
zap

Reactions: ScotO
Nice deal AC, how fast did you drive? ==c
zap

I shall not incriminate myself on a holiday weekend.;lol But I didn't waste anytime. A C

Ohhh nice...

Reactions: ScotO
Helluva deal! Thats a firewood machine, too. Can you detect the jealousy through my post? :mad::(:mad:

Some people just have no idea of what they have!! Works in both directions though.

SWEET DEAL!! and threw in the grinder thats killer. I would drive that far for a deal like that any day.

The grinder may have been worth that much, good deal.

AC ::P
jeff-t that sounds like a steel:rolleyes:

Awesome Deal! Cant wait for a pic when its "Dirty" LOL :p

My 036 is a Bad-@ss Saw with an 18" bar on it. I cant imagine a BIG Bar like that on it,....!!!

Hurry & get well.
You need to do some cutting soon. New toys need played with.
Great deal!

Awesome Deal! Cant wait for a pic when its "Dirty" LOL :p

My 036 is a Bad-@ss Saw with an 18" bar on it. I cant imagine a BIG Bar like that on it,....!!!

Ha! Fear not Dex, she'll get dirty the minute I get the chance. I have no idea why anyone would put a 28" on an 036. The guy I got it from said he bought it for the long bar to cut up 1 tree. I'll run 20" on it with the 7 pin rim & should make a nice mid range saw for my purposes. The 28" bar is in good shape so I'll get a couple more chains for that & run it on the 064 when needed.
As far as the grinder, it doesn't look like it got used much, I'll set it up for 3/8 low pro & picco chain, & leave the 511 AX set up for my 3/8 chains.

Hurry & get well.
You need to do some cutting soon. New toys need played with.
Great deal!

Thanks Dave, the knee is getting better every day, & I'm thankful for that. Doesn't appear to be any long term damage requiring surgery. I'm just trying to be patient with it so it continues to heal. Not easy for me either, I like to keep moving. A C
BTW: The saw is fully cleaned, tuned, oiler adjusted, chains sharp etc. I can do that at the bench so I've been "playin" a little.

grrrrr.....

i NEVER see deals like this here !!

a great score all around.

grrrrr.....

i NEVER see deals like this here !!

a great score all around.

Just a matter of right place, right time. I bought a Snap on tap & die set 1/2"-1" in the original wooden box for $25. a few months ago (Missing the 7/8 tap) the tap cost more the what I paid for the rest of the set.

all you find is beat up 029s or something that won't start for that price around here.
an 036 with a 20" bar has to be wonderful to run.

all you find is beat up 029s or something that won't start for that price around here.
an 036 with a 20" bar has to be wonderful to run.
Seems that way here most of the time as well. I've looked for a saw that I really wanted for over a year. Keep in mind that I need another saw like I need another hole in my head. I just know what I want, & look for deals. The wife indulges me up to a point cause she likes a warm house, & grew up in the city, so she doesn't know you can cut firewood with 1 saw & a truck. Shhhhhhhh........ Better hobby/habit than some others I used to have.

Bottom line, keep looking & always carry cash. A C

Reactions: jeff_t
Status
Not open for further replies.