1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Boundary Bay Pellets ?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Evan_J, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Evan_J

Evan_J Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    Anyone have any experience with Boundary Bay Pellets? The local Agway just started carrying them this weekend since they ran out of Maine Wood's Softwood. Looking on google I can't find much about them other than one link: http://www.aeonnrg.com/partner.aspx?partnerID=11

Info from link:
    "Boundary Bay is a 100% Canadian Softwood pellet from the forest of Quebec. We offer a high end Canadian Soft wood pellet with btu’s in the range 8100+ btu’s and Ash at .5+/- at a very attractive price point . In independent dealer testing we have reports of Boundary Bay reaching 640 degrees that will keep your family warm and cozy in the coldest winter conditions.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Evan_J

Evan_J Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    Ok, given the crickets I heard when I posted about the Boundary Bay pellets I decided to grab a couple bags and try them out. Thought I'd share my observations. I burned these back to back with MWP Softies. In my stove the Boundary Bay definitely produced less ash then the MWP so that was a pleasant surprise. Heat output was good too. I don't have an IR thermometer to try to take a true output temp, but the heat output was right there, and the boss told me they felt hotter :) Good enough that I'll probably grab some more.
  3. Jack Morrissey

Jack Morrissey Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Stoughton, Ma
    Never seen or heard of them. How much are they?
  4. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    I haven't seen em either. But interested in your findings. Looks like they are worth a keeping an eye out for! ;)
  5. Evan_J

Evan_J Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    I've only seen them at the Agway in Hooksett NH. I think their current price is either $269 or $275 at ton. There prices are usually a little high since they offer an off season pre-buy / storage and they sell all their pellets at one price point. It looks like Royal Fireside in Mendon, MA has them now too, but they don't list prices online.
  6. boo boo

boo boo Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    So. NH
    old thread from January but
    Even j if you if you still log on here my question is did you burn more of these pellets? Do you recommend them? or anyone else for that matter. I too saw them yesterday at the Agway in Hooksett but ddnt pick any up. Not many threads on this pellet brand
  7. Evan_J

Evan_J Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    Hey boo boo - I did burn more of the Boundary Bay. Probably around a 1/2 ton. They are a decent quality pellet in my experience. I wouldn't rate them a top shelf pellet, but they are lower priced than what I've found the top shelf stuff for. In another thread on here somewhere there's info indicating that they are the same as Trebio, so reviews on them should give you more feedback.
  8. boo boo

boo boo Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    So. NH
    Thanks for the reply.
    I will Pick some up tomorrow on my way by there if they sill have them and give them a try. Warm weather coming so I may hold on to them. I should have grabbed them when I saw them. I have been burning FSU all winter with no complaints my stove likes them and they are cheep But would like to try something new. Other pellets I have tried were ok but nothing great
    Thanks again