Box fan blowing at wood stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatttFire

Feb 14, 2008
Snowbelt, Ohio
Alright I have to admit I thought you guys were NUTS, about blowing tyhe air toward the stove! :red: Well your right. After some experementing with a box fan, WOW! what a difference! I have tried it both ways for a week, in a cold hallway. There is a HUGE difference, if I blow the air AT the wood stove!

THANKS!

Jason

Good to hear it's working for you Jason. Stay warm, looks like another blast is headed your way.

Many of us are nuts, but that doesn't mean that some good information's not shared here from time to time. Stay warm! Rick

BeGreen said:
Good to hear it's working for you Jason. Stay warm, looks like another blast is headed your way.

BG--in case you haven`t been paying attention?/ In this part of the world, we ain`t gonna get above freezing at least for the next 6 days. And we are in for high winds, snow/mixed with rain, and who the hell knows, maybe someone can throw an earthquake or two in here to really get us rattled??

Too damn cold for my likes. I`m like bro-bart, anything less than 65 in the house is too damn cold for these bones. And I am really starting to like the 80+ temps in the rec-room. Used to vacate it when it reached 80,, but not anymore, those comfy temps kinda grow on ya, eh?? :coolcheese:

sonnyinbc said:
BeGreen said:

BG--in case you haven`t been paying attention?/ In this part of the world, we ain`t gonna get above freezing at least for the next 6 days.

ENJOY :cheese: N of 60

Ah yeah. I've warning about this for several days. It's a huge system. Looks like North of 60 has sent us a Christmas present. (Note to No60, next year a card will suffice.) I'm bummed because we are bound to lose a lot of plants. Some of them are from New Zealand and can take a cold frost. But extend cold snaps dropping into the teens is beyond their tolerance.

We're keeping the house at more moderate temps of about 70 in the living room. Warmer than 75 my wife starts complaining. Still running partial loads of about 3 large splits in the T6. Looks like by tomorrow night we'll be packing her full.

Status
Not open for further replies.