Box stores running out of pellets and no more stock

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
j-takeman said:
Jim, Have you tried powerhouse or GAP yet?

Powerhouse and GAP are the same pellet, So the $225 would be worth checking out. Stove Chow would be another i'd be checking on.

I was given a bag of the Powerhouse pellets from a connection with my wife. Thought they burned ok, just like the Green Ligs, never tried the chow before. I did find the Green team hotter then the others though.....What kind of numbers did you get burning the Chows?

Jim

Jim H. said:
j-takeman said:

Powerhouse and GAP are the same pellet, So the $225 would be worth checking out. Stove Chow would be another i'd be checking on.

I was given a bag of the Powerhouse pellets from a connection with my wife. Thought they burned ok, just like the Green Ligs, never tried the chow before. I did find the Green team hotter then the others though.....What kind of numbers did you get burning the Chows?

Jim

Check link for the chow.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/60581/#694220

Check link for GAP-Sister pellet to PowerHouse. Power house was really close to the GAP in my beast.

http://www.woodpelletreviews.com/Takeman-Reviews/Great-American-Wood-Pellets.html

I'd take the PowerHouse over the Chow. More heat from my stove.

Jim H. said:
I had time on my hands this morning and made many calls. Here is what I found.
Out of the 3 local Lowe's stores (@ a 10 mile radius) only one had pellets--The Bethlehem branch-Freedom Pellet? $219.00 ton

Out of the 3 HD's only one again had pellets--The Whitehall store- Stove Chow $2.09 ton

My local Ace has Lignetics for 240.00 ton, Powerhouse for 225.00 ton

R&S Hardwoods has Green team Gold for $240.00 ton

Wood Heat (new shop off 191) Great American $239.00 or Wood Pellet CO.???? for $259.00

I would think with supply and demand we should be getting better pricing????

Thought I would share.....

Jim

That's it - you ARE the demand, and there ain't much supply right now......

TSC near me has plenty of Instant Heat for 209/ton, can't use 10% off coupon. A building supplier just got a load of PA's, selling for 220/ton, so I'm going for those.

Not sure what the latest gossip is on the PA pellets, but we sold them a few years ago, they were LONG and HARD and killed stoves just as bad as the current NE pellets are doing in our area.

j-takeman said:
Jim H. said:
j-takeman said:

Jim

Check link for the chow.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/60581/#694220

Check link for GAP-Sister pellet to PowerHouse. Power house was really close to the GAP in my beast.

http://www.woodpelletreviews.com/Takeman-Reviews/Great-American-Wood-Pellets.html

I'd take the PowerHouse over the Chow. More heat from my stove.

I picked up a ton of the Powerhouse for 215.00 at Ace. They are 225.00 but I had a 10.00 off coupon. Funny, the contractor counter in the back says no on the coupon......so today I went up to the register, told them what I wanted and gave them the coupon. I do not like no! LOL Especially over 10 bucks!

Jim

I have now 1 ton for next season of Powerhouse with 29 bags of Green label Ligs to last the rest of this season. Will look at the Green Team in another month.....it was hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.