Branches

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Red

Jan 21, 2016
Onondaga NY
A neighbor stopped by and said he had a logger take out some maples in his yard. Said the logger was taking the straight logs and leaving some large branches. Said the branches were cut to six foot lengths and if I wanted any to help myself. I went over with the 024 AV; went back and got the MS 362. Some of those rounds I split up so I could lift 'em up in the truck were 30+ inches across.

aaw.jpg

Attachments

• aaw.jpg
    aaw.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 120
Yessir thems some big branches for sure

A neighbor stopped by and said he had a logger take out some maples in his yard. Said the logger was taking the straight logs and leaving some large branches. Said the branches were cut to six foot lengths and if I wanted any to help myself. I went over with the 024 AV; went back and got the MS 362. Some of those rounds I split up so I could lift 'em up in the truck were 30+ inches across.

View attachment 177295

Great score.

bob

I'll take some of those branches;). Good score

Yeah, you might have to use those branches as kindling.
I am not sure what else they could be used for. :) :)
Nice score!

Nice neighbor, those are great size branches. Perfect firewood sizes.

View attachment 177295
Awesome.

I didnt bother with this thread until now because I saw the heading of branches "yawn", good score on those twigs!

I didnt bother with this thread until now because I saw the heading of branches "yawn", good score on those twigs!
Same as I did, thought it would be another thread on what size branches do you keep. My neighbor has an oak that he's been telling me he's going to take down for a couple years now, the branches on that oak are similar to the ops score.

Reactions: Seanm
Branches !!!.....can't imagine what the tree looked like:eek:

You have a maul there in the photo.

Quite frankly, for that size of logs, and what appears to be quite a few knots and latent knotty branchings in the wood, I would personally rather rent a log splitter.

You, and your back, will later thank me for this advise.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
You have a maul there in the photo.

Quite frankly, for that size of logs, and what appears to be quite a few knots and latent knotty branchings in the wood, I would personally rather rent a log splitter.

You, and your back, will later thank me for this advise.

I used the maul to break up the larger rounds so I could get them in the truck. The same neighbor that gave me the wood informed me he had a gas splitter in the barn that I am welcome to use anytime. Double score!

Reactions: Beer Belly
That's my kind of wood. Nice score!

Status
Not open for further replies.