BRAND NEW $899 Speeco 22T at Fleet Farm - Do I have a choice?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wldm09

Mar 16, 2009
Northwoods, WI
22T Speeco with 6.5HP B&S;engine. Normally $1,099, currently on sale for $999 but if I get the Fleet Farm credit card (which I will pay off the next day), they give me an additional 10% off. HMM. My Domestic Manager (wife) still needs convincing... I don't think I can build one for that! Thoughts?

In my opinion, definitely the best bargain out there. Don't they also fill it with fluid for you (cost included)? It will probably split most anything you can every feed it.

MarkG

x 2 thats a nice splitter and the money is right

That is about what I paid for my 20 ton 5hp without fluid. In 1988!

She has seen the light and my request for funds has been approved! WOOHOO! I figure it will last me about 20 years, based on that last post about a splitter purchased in 1988, which means that will cost me about $45/year.

... and save me probably 5 trips to the chiropractor in that timeframe and up to hundreds of hours of labor. ;-)

Woodsman_WI said:
She has seen the light and my request for funds has been approved! WOOHOO! I figure it will last me about 20 years, based on that last post about a splitter purchased in 1988, which means that will cost me about $45/year.

... and save me probably 5 trips to the chiropractor in that timeframe and up to hundreds of hours of labor. ;-)
you might want to keep the chiropractor some of those rounds can be heavy lol congrats!

Woodsman_WI said:

Yep. I bought mine when I thought that it was arthritis making my shoulders hurt all of the time. Turned out it was from absorbing the impact of splitting five to six cords a year. After I got the splitter they quit hurting.

Knowing how much a 6 ton splitter will do I don't think the one you probably picked up by now will give you any issues.

Matt

That's about the same price I paid 4 years ago. They listed at $999 then on sale for $949 , but 10% off your first purchase on a TSC card, 90 days same as cash.
Mine has been very good, with about 30 to 35 cords through it. I did stop it a couple of time on some 20" hickory crotches, but the saws took care of that. I'm happy with mine.
I'd would recommend you go get it, unless you really what to build one for personal satisfaction reasons .
I don't see you getting one cheaper, unless it is used and used splitters go fast around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.