Brand Poll - wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

What brand wood stove do you have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treacherous

Minister of Fire
May 13, 2010
US
You all are the experts here. I am curious the brand breakdown of users on this site.

What other brands should I add to poll in addition to these? I want to make sure poll is all encompassing as possible. Not sure if there are limits to entries on polls though.

Blaze King
Quadra-Fire
Jotul
Napoleon
Century
Lopi
Englander
Regency

Thanks!
Treacherous

Go to the "reviews" section and you'll see just how many brands there are! The number of reviews for each will give a clue as to their popularity. Big ones on this forum you missed are Woodstock, Hearthstone, PE and VC. Minor ones include Morso, Buck and... ahem... Harman, among many, many others.

mario veda said:
Im getting a Regency f2400 put in Oct.4th...

Mario, you passed on the used BK, I guess?

I opt out, because I can't cast two votes. What the hell is a "Excel Class A & ICC DW 6” & snow wedge", anyway? And since you already put a Lopi in your house, what difference does it really make? %-P Rick

fossil said:
I opt out, because I can't cast two votes. What the hell is a "Excel Class A & ICC DW 6” & snow wedge", anyway? And since you already put a Lopi in your house, what difference does it really make? %-P Rick

I don't think you can make a poll allow more than entry. I'd let you check everything if you could.

Just trying to throw some confusion into the mix. I guess I am OC about statistics. :) A couple more drinks and I will be doing ASCII art in my signature.

Vogelzang, Drolet, Hearthstone, Woodstock, Morso, Dutchwest/Vermont Castings, Avalon...

None of the above? Left out Pacific Energy, Buck, Morso, Sierra, and numerous other stoves.

You're gonna have to include a couple notable "smoke dragons" then - Fisher? we have some devotees!

Treacherous said:
This was a really bad first attempt at a poll..

Rev 2 of poll will ensure all brands are included.

The big one's that keep the most beer in the off season.

fisher stoves?

Gotta be a few 55 gallon drums around

I think pre-EPA stove is adequate to cover the remainder of the flock. Though there will be some crossover, for example a Jotul Combifire which is pre-EPA but still a good Jotul stove.

cptoneleg said:
Treacherous said:

I guess I went wrong with the Lopi.... far from enough beer capacity there :) ... a good capacity for some white lightening though

BeGreen said:
I think pre-EPA stove is adequate to cover the remainder of the flock. Though there will be some crossover, for example a Jotul Combifire which is pre-EPA but still a good Jotul stove.

Have you ever seen a Jotul stove you didn't like? :lol:

Treacherous said:
cptoneleg said:
Treacherous said:

I guess I went wrong with the Lopi.... far from enough beer capacity there :) ... a good capacity for some white lightening though

All wood stoves should be able to hold at least four cases. I only had three on hand at the time. (Time to fire up the Natty Light flames again.)

Attachments

• firebox.jpg
    firebox.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 605
Treacherous said:
I love it.. that's awesome. What stove do you have the beer in there?

The 30-NC. Room for four cases but I only had three available.

Country

BrotherBart said:
Treacherous said:
I love it.. that's awesome. What stove do you have the beer in there?

The 30-NC. Room for four cases but I only had three available.

Get rid of that cardboard and you can really fill it. Does beer keep better packed N-S, or E-W?

Status
Not open for further replies.