Breaking News: U.S. Stove Acquires the Assets of Volgelzang International

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreBug

Minister of Fire
Oct 6, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
U.S. Stove Acquires the
Assets of Volgelzang International

SOUTH PITTSBURG, TENNESSEE

The following is a press release from United States Stove Corporation.

United States Stove Company (USSC) recently acquired the assets of Vogelzang International Corporation (VIC) located in Holland, Michigan. Vogelzang is a market leader in affordable solid-fuel heating appliances. It offers a product line complementary to that of United States Stove Company, including warm air furnaces, circulators, cast-iron stoves, freestanding wood heaters and other products.

The joining of forces with Vogelzang will give United States Stove Company a stronger, deeper and broader range of products that will increase our presence in the North American market; it will create new international opportunities that will further strengthen our mission to be the dominant leader in the North American market as well as other markets.

"We are focused on a seamless transition to ensure our customers will see a continuation of quality product and customer service they have come to expect from both VIC and USSC," said Calvin Haggard, CEO of United States Stove Company.

"Both companies are looking forward to building upon this newly acquired growth opportunity," Haggard added. "A commitment to innovation will ensure our next-generation technology will meet the challenges of the hearth industry. With the combination of USSC and VIC, we will continue to pursue our mission and achieve successes now and into the future to build a financially strong company with a long-term strategy for growth. We view this as a positive move for our customers and our family of companies."

"Breaking" news? I thought they were already shipping their box stove broken. ;)::-) Sounds like more China, Inc under the guise of "US" stoves.

Reactions: Shadow&Flame
I may have read a larger compilation of cliches...but I can't remember when it would have been. o_O

One thing for sure is ... I've been to Holland, MI and that warehouse will be gone soon.

I may have read a larger compilation of cliches...but I can't remember when it would have been. o_O

They forgot leveraging their synergies.

Reactions: Ashful
I think they forgot meaningful information...but I'm quite sure the press release writers got paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.