Breckwell Big E question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maineteech

Hearth Supporter
Nov 22, 2008
Maine
OK folks...I am new to this forum, but from what I've read in a few of the threads there are some very knowledgeable people making comments here. I am the owner of a Breckwell Big E stove, bought new aand installed about 6 weeks ago. I have no problem with the heat output of the stove. In fact, I couldn't be happier. The issue is the nearly incessant rattling that seems to come from one of the side panels. I tried tightening the screws, loosening the screws, and the only thing that seemed to work was removing the side panel altogether. Obviously, this isn't an intelligent option. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would removing the panel, caulking the seam, then replacing the panel work? This thing rattles so loud it wakes me up at night. My brother has the same stove, installed 2 weeks ago, and he has the same problem, just with a different panel.

Please do not remove the left side panel with the unit plugged in. The will/can cause a loss of ground to the control board and burn it up.

UNPLUG THE STOVE........Remove the three screws from the back of the stove that hold the side panels on. insert a single wall piece of cardboard or piece of rubber such as a gasket. hold that in place and tighten the screws. This should help.

Eric

I will try that, Eric. Fortunately, the panel that rattles on my stove is the right-side panel.. But my brother's problem panel is the left one. I'll call him immediately and pass your warning on to him. Thanks again.

No problem.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.