Breckwell Convection Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbbelorit

Hello everyone!

I have had my breckwell p23 for 4 years now. the first year it seemed that the convection blower had about 4 or 5 speeds. Even at a feed level 2 (which I don't need to go above) I could just press the fan speed button and it would change a couple speeds faster. I had someone come out and service the stove in the summer before my 2nd season of burning and he sad the convection fan was not a breckwell fan and changed it ( I was not home, so my wife let him change it because it was noisy anyway). Ever since it seems I only have 2 speeds low and high no mattter what feed rate I am at.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I can say, the first year I could stand 20ft away and feel the breeze from the stove when the fan was on high, no I can barely feel it at 10ft away.

Thanks for any suggestions

I have had a Breckwell P24 insert since 1994. Whenever I look for a convection blower for a Breckwell all the sites I come across all show the same convection blower for Breckwell. There is no distinction made my model or year that I have found. I find that hard to believe but perhaps it’s true. Whenever I had to replace my blower I am always sent a blower made by Fasco. They all have sealed bearings and my experience has been they do not last as long as non-sealed bearings, the ones you can oil yourself during your yearly maintenance. My control board is an analog board and all I have is two speeds for the convection blower.

I think I would be a little upset if a service person replaced a part just because it wasn’t standard, unless of course a complaint was made. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. They should have at least asked you if you wanted to keep the old blower. I assume you didn’t buy your P23 new. Look at your user manual and see if there is a parts list in it and see what the number of the blower is and go online and see if it is what the service person installed. You might also want to call the service person and ask why they replaced the blower.

Here is what my blower looks like:

http://www.stovesandspas.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=S&Category_Code=BRECKWELL

That wasn’t much help but I thought I’d throw it at you anyway.

Good luck.

Hello,
I'm new to this forum...i've had a Breckwell P23i for 5 years now with no major issues. This year I found that the stove simply didn't have the power as past years as far as the convection blower goes. Similiar to the post made by "Firestarter" back in October, I find that when you increase the stove from 2-3 or even 4, you can barely discern a change in the fan speed. I thought for sure it was the convection blower so I pulled the original which was a Fasco by the way and bought a new one (also a Fasco per the Breckwell replacement). They basically do the same. So these days to get the heat output of a 3 I need to crank it to 4...what's going on? Also, I take excellent care of this thing in terms of thorough weekly cleanings, etc. Could it be the controller board has issues not feeding the right voltage to the blower?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.