1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

breckwell g29v Helppppp

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by Sunshine12, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Sunshine12

Sunshine12 New Member

I purchased a used freestanding gas fireplace and Now have no idea how to vent it. I live in a tall two story house and going straight up thru 3 floors and then to the roof is not a option. I cannot go in the chimney since I heat with oil. I am very confused with the directions and am not even sure if I will be able to install this. My question is .... Can I go straight up just below the ceiling and then go outside with the pipe and do I have to go all the way up past the roof( it is quite high )..
    I was told there is some sort of wall kit that I could purchase that would allow it to vent safely and still work.. Is there such a thing and would it work on this stove? Any help would be appreciated... Also since I purchased it used, is there any way I can fire it up and make sure it works without venting it .. before I cut a hole in my wall .. It would really suck if I did all this and found out it didn't work :( Thank You , Tammy
    0911021328a.jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. A1Stoves.com

A1Stoves.com Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    get the owners manual. follow the directions. if that isn't working hire a pro. should likely hire a pro for this install anyways!

yes, you can go out the side wall, and yes it must go up above the roof,

breckwell: 866-606-8444 (for the manual)
    Sunshine12 likes this.
  3. Sunshine12

Sunshine12 New Member

Thank You for your response ! I do have a owners manual , just wasn't sure if I could bring it to the outside the wall and then up vs straight up thru the floors ect . .
    We were thinking about venting it on our own if it wasn't too complicated but I was a little worried about it working the way we were going to route it .
    . But By all means ....I have no intention of hooking it up to gas or starting it before we have it inspected. I do think I will give Breckwell a call and see if they can help me in any way...

Who is it that you can hire to do this kind of job?? I can't seem to find anyone or I am calling the wrong kind of contractors :( Everyone I call says they don't do that kind of work..

Just figured if you don't buy it from a store, they will not service or install.
    Again , Thank you !! :)
  4. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    How about you tell us whether it's Direct Vent or B-Vent, what type of fuel you intend to burn & where you are located. All of that info will help with our answers. There may be somebody here who is your next door neighbor & can stop by & help...
  5. A1Stoves.com

A1Stoves.com Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    looks like b-vent from the pic
  6. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Agreed.