Breckwell insert issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ddubs77

Hearth Supporter
Nov 1, 2010
Bristol, CT
I tried doing a search and could not find my answer so I am posting. I have an older Breckwel p23 I insert. My old analog circuit board crapped out so I replaced it with the digital replacement. I also had to replace the auger shaft along with a new auger motor. and now I believe my proof of fire snap disk is shot as well because after the fire starts only 50 percent of the time the convection fan kicks on ....the other half of the time I have to manually restart it in "warm" mode. The main issue I'm having is that it seems to me that the fuel is feeding to slowly. Even on high I have a very small week fire ....it is not putting out much heat. With my old analog board and old motor I never had this issue. Does anybody have any idea what it could be? I am trying a different brand of pellets thinking the ones I were burning were damp or sonething..The motor is a brand new Avery Gleason...I read in the search that breckwell has a new designed firebox. Not sure if that will help.... Even with the damper all the way closed I can't get a nice big fire....its just confusing to me because I did not have this issue before I upgraded to the digital board and replaced the motor. I recently cleaned the stove so I do not believe this is a result of the stove being dirty....I'm at a luss....and ready to launch this thing off the overpass!!... any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to go to town and clean it again...the stove has been on high for 12 hours now and the heat output is very low.

The older Breckwell had a 4 rpm auger motor. They then went to 2 rpm. You need to figure out which board you have and what rpm auger motor it requires. If you have too slow an auger it won't feed enough pellets. I would start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.