Breckwell P2000i Exhaust housing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris0nllyn

Oct 5, 2014
MD
First off, thanks for all the info I've gathered lurking around the site.

Back story: I found a Breckwell P2000i (circa 2000) on Craigslist for $150. Guy said "The auger doesn't work". After some testing, and troubleshooting, I found out the previous owner tried bypassing the auger thermodisk with a piece of what looked like metal coat hanger wire. The conductivity was about as good as a cheesburger so I connected the thermodisk like it should be and the stove works perfectly!

The only downside is the exhaust blower housing. It's rusted pretty bad and I'd rather be safe and replace only the housing (the blower works fine and is quiet) but I can't find the housing by itself ANYWHERE.

Anyone know where I could find just the housing? This is the older model with the vertical exhaust. I suspect moisture built up in the housing since there's no cleanout tee during the summer and that's why. I'd refer a cleanout, but I'm not sure if they are interchangeable.

what's the serial number on the unit....you can PM it to me if you rather. I see if I can track down a housing for you up in Eugene

They do have a Blower with the Housing as a Assembly. The Part # is C-E-027J

Yeah That's the way they get it from the vendor(assembled) so they only sell it that way. Strike out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.