Breckwell P2000i how do I clean convection motor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chuckiechan

Dec 13, 2017
Roseville, ca
The stove ran for awhile then the convection motor stopped. No trouble lights. Inhale never cleaned it. Do I take the whole motor outand use WD40 or something?

Remove the fan from the stove. Using a small paintbrush and compressed air
clean the fan cage and casing. Blow out the vents on the fan motor. If the blower motor
has D holes for oil add 1 Drop of a good electric motor oil. reinstall and you are set
for another year

After 20 years I would have had enough hair to build 4 cats and 2 dogs at least

I would change it out... Just went through this last year my motor stopped and it took out the control board partially. replaced the motor and while it was in startup mode the motor would surge, once i replaced the board everything was fine again.. On mine i did not realize their was a oil port on the motor as someone had put it in upside down and i could not see it, i used to leave it in when i cleaned it and just used a pic to clean out all the dust and hair.
Mine was seized solid but after a few drops of oil it freed up so i kept it as a spare...

mine was the "new design" and purchased of amazon. Your not going to get anything that is super quiet for these stoves.. Its quieter than the original and i can deal with it 10 feet away no problem