breckwell p2000I stove -convection fan only runs @ low speed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STANG32

Hearth Supporter
Aug 18, 2010
CT
well, I got my stove up & running after thecircuit board & combustion fan failure now the fan does not run @ high speed when I put the mode to 4 or 5. it stays the same rate. the pellets feed longer & fire gets higher but the blower fan does not kick up like it used to. I bought a new circuit board & replaced it along w/the combustion fan sine my original issue was that the fan ran constantly even w/unit off. so a little diagnostic work & long story short, burnt out original fan & board. now the unit works well, shuts down as it should but the dam convection fan is giving me concern, I do not use thehigher speeds much but I so not want to take a chance & need it & have it not work.
I am running my stove 24/7 now as main spurce for heat w/ electric baseboards as supplimentary.
any ideas on were to look for this isssue? could the replacement circuit board be bad?

STANG32 said:
well, I got my stove up & running after thecircuit board & combustion fan failure now the fan does not run @ high speed when I put the mode to 4 or 5. it stays the same rate. the pellets feed longer & fire gets higher but the blower fan does not kick up like it used to. I bought a new circuit board & replaced it along w/the combustion fan sine my original issue was that the fan ran constantly even w/unit off. so a little diagnostic work & long story short, burnt out original fan & board. now the unit works well, shuts down as it should but the dam convection fan is giving me concern, I do not use thehigher speeds much but I so not want to take a chance & need it & have it not work.
I am running my stove 24/7 now as main spurce for heat w/ electric baseboards as supplimentary.
any ideas on were to look for this isssue? could the replacement circuit board be bad?

Sounds like that new control board is DOA.

the fan is direct from breckwell. & it was the combustion fan I replaced, not the convection. that seemed to be running propperly. doesn;t the circuit board control the fan speed?

I just re read my original post, I was not clear & did not say so but the convection fan seemed to operate corectly when thecombustion issue came about. now i have the unit running well but noticed the convection fan not kicking into high gear w/ full power mode. level 4 0r 5

so the high fan speed comes from the circuit board, correct?

The I agree with smokeythebear. The board is DOA. You need to return it.

If you get stuck I have a know good board that I got for my bigE as a spare. I'll let it go cheap. Send me a PM if your interested. This board is tested and works!

Status
Not open for further replies.