Breckwell P22 Gaskets & Glass Airwash Bead

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Hey All,

So I had a power outage earlier today due to the high winds and had some smoke pour out of the glass. Upon further inspection I noticed that what appears to be a bead of silicone though I am not 100 percent sure that its silicone, seems to be crumbling. Not sure if this can be sealed with high temp silicone or not, I do believe that this is the airwash. I also performed a dollar bill test and both the top and bottom of the door failed the area by the door handle passed. With the assistance of a fellow forum member I found the part number for the door gaskets. I guess my question is can that glass bead be replaced with silicone or something else or is that just crud accumulated over the years? I placed a call to Breckwell tech support and left a message as its the weekend.

Thanks All

Franklin

Attachments

• Breckwell P22 Gaskets & Glass Airwash Bead
    bairwash.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 225
  • Breckwell P22 Gaskets & Glass Airwash Bead
    Bglass.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 230
Status
Not open for further replies.