Breckwell P24i won't stop feeding?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky232

Oct 22, 2014
DE
Hi all, new guy here.
I recently fired up my breckwell p24i insert and after initial startup, pellets starting auto feeding...and didn't stop.
Hoping for suggestions as to where to start for troubleshooting. Also hoping to not have to buy a board.
Thanks in advance

how long did you let it run ? it's normal to feed a lot on start up to get a bunch in there

I let it run for a bit to warm up, then turned on the auger. It started up after a minute and just wouldn't stop, nearly overflowed burnpot. Shut it off, let it burn down a little and tried again. As soon as I hit the switch, it just keeps feeding.

update- with zero fire burning and door wide open, i turned stove on and pellets starting feeding.

Gave it a good once over with shop vac inside and out. Currently waiting for it to get stone cold so I can pull it and check limit switches.

Yep, cleaned in and out. After a bit of research and a multimeter, I've found a bad triac on the board causing auger thermodisk to stay closed which should be normally open. Picked up a new one, hopefully will solve the issue.

Replaced said triac and then realized i replaced wrong one. Upon replacing the proper one, auto feed once again works however i have somehow lost the low speed fan. Currently working well but on high only. Still better than nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.