Trouble after startup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MSimon

Feb 21, 2024
New York
I have a Quadra Fire 1200i. My control box started blinking orange which indicated the thermocoupler was bad. I changed that and now the stove won’t feed pellets after the initial startup. There is no light on in the control box (neither green or red). I moved the thermostat into position where it calls for start up. The pellets fall and ignite. No more pellets fall after that. I detached the vacuum hose and blew into it. There didn’t seem to be any obstruction. I also jumped the vacuum switch but nothing changed. The exhaust blower comes on at start up like normal. I clean my exhaust pipe regularly along with all other compartments. Not sure what I should do next. Thanks for any help

I have a Quadra Fire 1200i. My control box started blinking orange which indicated the thermocoupler was bad. I changed that and now the stove won’t feed pellets after the initial startup. There is no light on in the control box (neither green or red). I moved the thermostat into position where it calls for start up. The pellets fall and ignite. No more pellets fall after that. I detached the vacuum hose and blew into it. There didn’t seem to be any obstruction. I also jumped the vacuum switch but nothing changed. The exhaust blower comes on at start up like normal. I clean my exhaust pipe regularly along with all other compartments. Not sure what I should do next. Thanks for any help
A friend has the exact same stove so I brought my control box over to his stove and swapped them out. My control box works perfectly in his stove. Trying to rule different things out.

Try changing the thermocouple wires around some were wired incorrectly. Don't go red to red and white to white, change the polarity.