Breckwell's Introduction

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stovedoc

Hello Everyone,

Pete suggested I take a moment and introduce myself so that everyone knows that Breckwell is on the forum. I thought it was a good idea so this post was created.

I have been working for Breckwell for several years now, and am also involved in the design, testing, R&D aspects of the company. I can answer just about any question that you may have in regards to Breckwell stoves...when I can find the time to get on the forum. :)

I will do my best to answer as many questions regarding Breckwell units as I can, and I know that there are some other great Breckwell contributors on the site also...Eric @ Kinsman is one of them. Also, I would encourage you all to take advantage of the "official" Breckwell tech support resources if any Breckwell questions seem to stump the forum. We offer free technical support for the life of the stove via email ([email protected]) and phone (866-606-8444 ext 111) and our website at http://breckwell.com has a good amount of information also.

I look forward to contributing to the forum as much as possible and working with everyone to get the most out of their stoves.

Welcome to the forum, I've seen your pellet stoves but didn't know you guys made wood stoves.

We have made wood stoves since 1980 actually. In recent years demand for pellet stoves was so high we did allow production of our wood stoves to decline, but we did make some during the last few years. We are again strengthening the production resources for the wood stoves and have actually introduced a new model wood stove this year.

Welcome to the forum . . . always good to see reps from the stove manufacturers here.

Greetings William. Can you tell us a bit more about the W3100? What is the firebox size in cu ft.? This would be nice to see in the specifications. It's a better guideline than sq ft heated. Also, is the freestanding stove available in black like the insert? The red stove color might be somewhat limiting to the market.

The Mahogany Wood Stove (W3100) is a 2.1 cubic foot wood stove. It is the first in a new series of wood stoves that we will be offering. This stove is designed to be either a freestanding with up to four different mounting options (Legs, Wood Storage Pedestal, Standard Pedestal (no ash pan), or Pedestal with Ash Pan, or as an insert. The same stove can be configured in any of these five ways. In addition, the unit does qualify for the current IRS Tax Credit.

All of our stoves came standard in three colors now - Metallic Black, Designer Shimmering Red, and Rich Brown. In fact, we will paint the stoves any color so long as a dealer or distributor orders a sufficient number in a particular color, but the three listed are our three standard colors. I think that there are even some John Deer Green Big E's out there!

For some pictures and additional specifications please take a look at the website: www.breckwell.com

Looks like a nice medium sized stove. Thanks for the size info. Good to know about the colors. Deep shimmering red goes by another name locally, but I don't want to offend the sensitive :).

I have no such reservations since I coined the name. Whorehouse Red. :coolgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.