1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. mcguirjf

mcguirjf New Member

Loc:
    Central CT
    Updates
    Got the tracking number and it appears the package was delivered two days ago. Oh boy, here we go.

Got a reply from CPI and they are no longer in that business. I was provided a name Minpro Supply in Spruce Pine, NC as a point of contact. I think I'm going to give up on this adventure since the parts are at the house. Somewhere.

Attached is a picture of the thermal switch removed.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Yeah, that is the old CPI bar, which you have found out they don't make anymore. Sorry, I thought I told you that. Did you get the new 3 disc thermal unit that replaces the CPI bar? It works great and is much better and more reliable than the old CPI bar.
  3. mcguirjf

mcguirjf New Member

Loc:
    Central CT
    Called for a tracking number and found that parts were delivered three days ago. Opened my front screen door and sure enough there is was. The real issue is that on the box in black magic marker says leave by garage! Oh well.

So I installed the new harness and thermal switches. It was a PIA drilling the new holes to mount the thermal switches. Wiring was simple.

Installed everything and she works great! It doesn't seem to kick into high as much as I hoped.

I think I read some where its not intended to run on high all the time???

It does cycle between low and med fan speed fine. If I want it on high I just flip it to manual.

But when its cool and the fire is done it shuts off! Yeah. No more unplugging!

Here some more pictures. Sorry for the poor image quality. Getting a new camera soon.
    Enjoy and Thank you!

Attached Files:

4. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Yep, it is working correctly.....not intended to run on high often. High is just kind of insurance. I think the manual even says if it kicks on high you should shut it down, it is getting to hot.
  5. gzecc

gzecc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NNJ
    Its like getting a vacation when it works well after it was running poorly. Its a pleasure to operate now!