Budget vs Expensive Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize the stove is not made in the USA right?
Supposedly made in North Manchester Indiana...but who knows...

Supposedly made in North Manchester Indiana...but who knows...
I would bet they do final assembly here. They have been claiming that for years. And knowing their reputation I am very doubtful. Especially due to the fact that the one I installed over this past winter was still in the same type of imported crate complete with asian writing on the plywood etc.

Last edited:
I would bet they do final assembly here. They have been claiming that for years. And knowing their reputation I am very doubtful. Especially due to the fact that the one I installed over this past winter was still in the same type of imported crate complete with asian writing on the plywood etc.
Yeah most of the time when something is actually made in the USA it says "Proudly made in the USA" and then lists a state and city...often a little digging will net you some pics of the factory and some happy looking employees...there's none of that that I can find for these yahoo's...seems fishy to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: T-roy_ and bholler
The sticker may havr been made in the USA...;-)

Reactions: bholler

Unfortunately, the company has a history of circumventing the rules and has been brought to question more than once for shady practices. Most of their stoves are made in China. Some of the larger Vogelzangs aren't too bad, but shortcuts in others like welded-in baffles, cheap castings, thin steel, etc. lead to premature failures and sometimes hard to control stoves. Last I read they were in hot water with the EPA for false sales of the model 1269e in 2020.

Reactions: bholler
Lol you are being misled.

My crate was good old American hardwood . Its drying now.
Keep speculating but who cares, everything is global these days especially steel which is 95% of any stove. Not sure what kind of a pissy little point some of you are trying to make.....lol
China produces half the worlds steel.

• Sad
Reactions: kcmclellan
Closing thread.
off track.jpg

Reactions: stoveliker
Status
Not open for further replies.