Building wood fired pizza oven: masonry Q's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, You are using concrete with the stones, can't see it? Is it going slow because of time to gather and place the stones? I like using Fire Clay in the mix, makes the concrete sticky, work great with that nice form you built, you can throw the mud in and around the stone. Have you built the forum so you can burn it out in place, or will you have to remove it? Sorry, so many questions.

Richard

I've answered some of my own questions. I think I see a pile of rocks in the background in one picture and no chimney on the form.

Last edited:
Hi, You are using concrete with the stones, can't see it? Is it going slow because of time to gather and place the stones? I like using Fire Clay in the mix, makes the concrete sticky, work great with that nice form you built, you can throw the mud in and around the stone. Have you built the forum so you can burn it out in place, or will you have to remove it? Sorry, so many questions.

Richard

I've answered some of my own questions. I think I see a pile of rocks in the background in one picture and no chimney on the form.
That's not the oven. That's just the build of the platform that the oven will sit on. Using fire bricks for that

Greetings, So in this cavity you'll store wood?

I think you're doing an admirable job, looks like you can see where you're going and are on your way.

There is a certain type of oven I saw in the old country that I've been thinking of building, so it pleases me you're so far along on your construction.

Richard

Greetings, So in this cavity you'll store wood?

I think you're doing an admirable job, looks like you can see where you're going and are on your way.

There is a certain type of oven I saw in the old country that I've been thinking of building, so it pleases me you're so far along on your construction.

Richard
Thanks! I'm a potter, and gave a bunch of clay to another member of this forum to build a dome oven. It seems to have come out great, and he gets a lot of use from it. Search pizza in the forums to see pictures.

Adios, keep plugging away at it. A little progress is better than no progress! I was wondering how it was advancing and certainly others enjoy the pics as much as I do.
Do you think it will be done and up to speed for the annual Hearth.com picnic? Or will we all have to order take out when we show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.